GO FOR IT… GO. FOR. IT.
You have these aspirations. Only YOU have these aspirations. Even if other people are already doing the things you dream of, that’s fine. No one else can do it like YOU CAN.
Wouldn’t it be a shame if the world missed out on an opportunity to see your desires and talents become a reality? Wouldn’t it be a shame to go through your whole life and realize you never did the one thing you always wanted to do?
Reasons Not to Follow Your Dreams
Let me tell you, there are many “good” reasons why you shouldn’t follow your dreams. And by “good” reasons, I mean fear based reasons… and honestly, those reasons should be flipped into good “means”.
- It costs money to follow your dreams!
- Well sometimes that may be the case, but do you have a vice or luxury that you could give up for a while (alcohol, eating out, nail salon, buying shoes every week)? Save that money and invest it in yourself!!
- Reevaluate your process. Do you really need $1000, or can you do it with $300 and a little bit extra grunt work?
- Do some research. Some things don’t cost as much as you think it would.
- I don’t have time.
- If you watch tv every day, you have time. If you go shopping every weekend, you have time. If you scroll on social media every day, you have time. If you can wake up a few hours earlier or stay up a little later, you have time.
- Most cases, the problem is TIME MANAGEMENT- not “I don’t have time”. Write out a daily schedule. Write down a daily or weekly to-do list (See one of my older posts on How to PROPERLLY complete your TO-DO List. Once you list everything out in front of you, you can prioritize or delegate tasks to get more things done.
- I don’t have support.
- Have you asked for support? Have you shared a little bit of your desires with those around you? Have you asked for help in doing mundane tasks, so you can have time to focus on your goals? Sometimes your loved ones may surprise you and help you out more than you think.
- Maybe you have people around you telling you not to do it… sometimes people project their own fears and experiences onto other people. Know the difference. If someone tells you not to do what you love, ask them why? Ask them to explain themselves and see where their reasoning comes from. Does it come from knowledge or fear? Also, if this negative person is always quick to be negative about everything, are they even worth listening to?
- I don’t know how to start!!
- Look, the important thing is to just start! Google different methods of completing the goals you have. There are many free How-To resources out there. Use them. Just start somewhere. Take the first step. The rest will come.
- Write a list of what you want to do. Once that list is done, write a list of how to complete those tasks… sometimes, getting all of your thoughts down on paper can help you figure out where you need to start.
- Maybe you know exactly where to start, but you’re afraid… do it anyway!! The first step will be the most challenging.
There are many other reasons that people think they can’t reach their dreams. These are just the first few I thought of. But if you analyze, or pick apart, those reasons, they may most likely disappear!
I love to see other people making their dreams a reality. Many of “The Greats” have done a lot more with a lot less than many of us have. It takes patience and a lot of grit to accomplish a difficult goal. Its hard out here!!!
When I Started my PM Reflection
Yall, when I started this blog site, I was terrified. I didn’t think anyone would read it. I thought people would make fun of what I wrote. I thought people would be mean. I thought I wouldn’t have enough decent things to talk about… and maybe all of those negative thoughts are true!
But check this out…
- Many people DON’T read my blog. I know most of my friends and family don’t read this thing!!
- Many people probably do make fun of what I write behind my back.
- Sometimes I don’t know what to write about… Sometimes I end up skipping a week because I forget to post, or my other priorities take over, or I just don’t know what to write about!
But you know what, I AM HERE. I am present. My website exists.
More people outwardly support me than don’t. I only have 20+ followers, but that’s 100% more that I had before I started. I have viewers from across the world (literally) from China, Germany, Australia, in addition to the United States… That’s a big win for me. You don’t always have to look to those closest to you for support. It can sometimes come from across the ocean (literally).
Starting a Business
I was afraid to start our business. I thought we would waste time and money and no one would hire us… but we can’t let these thoughts cripple us.
We have to make sure to have content and products that people can’t refuse even if they wanted to!!!! We are at the beginning of building our empire. Once we launch (hopefully soon), it will be lit!!!
Get to It!
I’m here saying these things to you because EYE want you to TAKE THE LEAP, my dear. I’m here with you. I’m here to talk! I mean that! Reply to this post, email me, DM me on Instagram, whatever! You deserve to have your desires fulfilled! Don’t hold yourself back.
I’m no where near a professional, but sometimes it helps to get out of your own head for a second and say things out loud and hear what other people have to say.
Congratulations on taking a step toward your dreams! Keep me in the loop. I want to celebrate you! I’m serious. Comment, DM, email!!! Talk to me about it.
***champagne and confetti***